The best and the simplest Oatmeal Crispies there are. What I love about it is, the dough can be used to make drop cookies immediately, or can be refrigerated or frozen in nice, neat rolls ready to slice and bake whenever the cowboy in your life has a craving for something sweet.
This method is so convenient; I often make two or three recipes of dough at a time, freezing several rolls of dough at once.
Oatmeal Crispies are a classic, honey, old fashioned cookie that is crisp on the outside, and chewy on the inside.
Oatmeal Crispies Try these sweet and crunchy treats for casual get-togethers – they’re sure to please any dessert table guest. Better Homes and Gardens.
This ensures that warm Oatmeal Crispies are always ten minutes away and I have a steady supply of Oatmeal cookies dough I to eat whenever I want.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Crispies
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup shortening
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
How to make Oatmeal Crispies
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening with both sugars until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs together. Add vanilla and stir to combine. Add to the shortening/sugar mixture and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Mix carefully into the egg/shortening mixture until well combined. Now add the quick oats and mix well again. Finally add the finely chopped pecans and mix well to combine.
4. Divide the dough in half and place each half of the dough onto a sheet of waxed paper. Roll the dough into a log and then wrap it tightly in the waxed paper.
5.Combine brown sugar, butter and shortening in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
6.Reduced speed to low; add oats, flour, baking soda and salt. Beat, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
7. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 6-inch log. Wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
8. Cut logs into ¼ -inch slices with sharp knife. Place slices 1-inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets.
9.Now you can either chill or freeze the dough until later or you can go ahead and slice the dough evenly into cookie rounds.
10.This crispy Oatmeal Crispies base doesn’t care what you mix in oil free.These look pretty healthy without the oil or fat.
11.When you are ready to bake Oatmeal Crispies place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
This easy Oatmeal Crispies recipe delivers a beautifully crisp buttery nibble.
Health benefits of Oatmeal
- Inhibits the body absorption of bad cholesterol
- Reduces the risk of developing High blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of developing breast cancer
- Stabilizes blood sugar level
- Regulates the body insulin and glucose level
For more detail check our blog: http://www.ehowindia.org/ or you can also visit facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ChocolateCooking-And-Health-Fitness-club