The basis of a good soup is usually a stock. Once you know how to make a good stock, you can use it for an almost endless variety of soups. Also This recipe I use for chicken stock that’s easy to make, and tastes delicious. I usually make extra, and freeze what I don’t use.
Don’t feel constrained by the ingredients and amounts listed in this recipe. While You can use other herbs for a different flavor. You could also add ginger peels and lemongrass for an Asian flavor. Just let your imagination run will.
You don’t need to use a whole chicken either You can buy the bone-in chicken breasts, and remove the bones before cooking.
Then just put the bones in a plastic bag, and put them into the freezer. Then when you’re ready to make the chicken stock, just take the bones out and use them in the stock.
Once you’ve learned to make this chicken stock, you can use it as a basis for many different soups. chicken noodle soup, cream of chicken soup, peanut butter soup… again, just let your imagination run wild with it, and enjoy.
1 Whole Chicken, about 3 pounds
8 cups water
2 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 stalks of celery, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
2-3 sprigs of parsley
1-2 sprigs of sage
2-3 sprigs of rosemary
2 sprigs of thyme (please, no Simon and Garfunkel jokes)
2 tsp. salt
How to make Chicken stock
First of allMaking homemade chicken stock is easy! Not only do you save money because you don’t have to buy boxed Chicken stock, the stock itself is so much healthier for you because of all the iron, collagen, and vitamin-rich marrow from the bones
Method of chicken stock
1. The first method uses the leftover bones from a chicken carcass and vegetables (which means it’s practically free), and also takes several hours of slow cooking.
2. We often use this method when we’ve roasted a chicken and have a leftover carcass. so It’s a great way to not let good bones go to waste.
3. In the second method, we start with chopped raw chicken backs and/or wings, and sauté them first due to brown them for flavor.
4. Then add onion, carrots, parsley, and leek or onion greens, and cover with several inches of cold water. This we simmer for 4 to 6 hours and then strain.
5. Cut the chicken up into pieces.
6. Put the chicken, and the rest of the ingredients into a large kettle, and so bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer for 3 hours.
8. Remove the chicken, and also place in a bowl to cool.
9. Pour the stock through a colander lined with cheesecloth, and chill.
10. When the chicken has cooled enough to handle, remove the skin and the bones, and freeze or refrigerate the chicken stock for another use.
11. Skim the fat off of the chicken stock, and refrigerate, freeze, or use immediately.
12. Yield: About 6 cups of stock also about 4 cups of chicken
13. At last the third method is a quick version of the second. You can also make stock easily in about an hour this way, again starting with backs and wings.
These are the methods of chicken stock!!!
For more detail check our our blog: http://www.ehowindia.org/
Did you find this imformation useful? share it with your blogging friends on Facebook,Twitter and Google plus!